As one of the fastest growing iRacing road racing leagues, we know how to have a good time. We have races for all skill levels, from beginner to alien. While we take our racing seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We like good close racing with some healthy banter and taunting tossed in. No wreckers, bitching or moaning. Join us and enjoy racing again!
Season 8 Details
Season 8 begins September 12, 2021.
MX5 races on Sunday nights. We’ll be running the Global Mazda MX-5 Cup and the [Legacy] Mazda MX-5 Cup – 2010. Each in their own class.
Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO is on Tuesday, Supercars on Thursday. This provides a natural progression to faster cars through the week.
We have minimum requirements using iRacing licenses and iRatings for Tuesday and Thursday nights. The bar is low with a goal to keep “New to iRacing” members from jumping into races that aren’t appropriate to their skill level.
40 minute races for all but one week.
No car swaps in a series during the season. The car you start with is the car you’ll run through the entire season or you lose all your points when you switch.
- Inverted Grid (of sorts): The Top 3 finishers in a race must not qualify for the next week’s race. You can grid, just not qualify. This will put the top 3 towards the back of the pack each following week giving other racers a chance at a podium.
- If the racer forgets and does qualify, you can start from the pits.
- If the racer forgets and starts at their qualifying position, they will be DQ’d from the race.
- If you don’t race the week following your podium, you can qualify at your next race that night.
Passing: Lapped cars must yield to lead lap cars, at the earliest safe opportunity, unless unlapping yourself. The passer still has to pass safely but the lapped car must yield.
We have three different series during the week. Run them all or just one or two. Come and go throughout the season. But if you want to go for the championship podium, show up as often as possible.
- 09/12/21 ⇒ Virginia International Raceway – Full Course
- 09/19/21 ⇒ Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course – Full Course
- 09/26/21 ⇒ Sonoma Raceway – Cup Historic
- 10/03/21 ⇒ Road Atlanta – Full Course
- 60 minute race Tue/Thu, Practice starts at the normal time. Qual at 7:30 pm. Start at 7:40 pm.
- 10/10/21 ⇒ Watkins Glen International – Boot
- 10/17/21 ⇒ Barber Motorsports Park – Full Course
- 10/24/21 ⇒ Road America – Full Course
- 10/31/21 ⇒ Long Beach Street Circuit
- 11/07/21 ⇒ Autodromo Nazionale Monza – Grand Prix
- 11/14/21 ⇒ Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke – BES/WEC
- 11/21/21 ⇒ Sebring International Raceway – International (SUNRISE)
- 11/28/21 ⇒ Daytona International Speedway – Road Course (NIGHT)
Points & Bonuses
All nights/classes use the same point system and bonuses.
70 points for 1st, decreasing by 3 for top 10, decreasing by 2 for 11th through 20th. Balance of field 23 each. You must complete 60% of the laps to be scored. DNFs will not be scored.
- Clean Racer Bonus : Finish with no incidents: 5 points. Hold the after-race shenanigans until the last racer crosses the line so you don’t get an incident counted against you. Per Class.
- Back to Front Challenge : Gain Most Positions: 5 points. If a competitor has a DNF, they don’t count as a position gained even if they started ahead of you as they aren’t scored. Per Class.
- I Suck Consolation : Lost Most Positions: 1 point. Per Race (not per Class). Only one will be given out per race.
- If a race is dropped, the Bonus Points are dropped with the race.
Trophies may be provided to the top 3 in each class at the end of the season. Trophies will only be shipped to addresses within the USA and Canada.
Your best 9 races out of 12 count for championship points.